Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgements.

Friday, 13 February 2009

Daddy's Girl

I know you guys have probably heard me say, more than once, how amazing my dad is but I’m going to say it again, because I just can’t quite believe that I am so lucky to have such a wonderful man as my father.

I don’t suppose its easy when your teenage daughter gets knocked up, and everyman and their dog has an opinion on the situation. If there is one person who has truly been there for me every single day since I found out I was pregnant it has been him. He never once judged me or lectured me. He's never said 'I told you so' or made me feel bad about the situation I was in. When I was sick, he was there. If I needed to go to the Dr, he’d take me. Money, advice, baby sitting services, a hug, a reality check, you name it. If I needed it, he was there. Thanks to him I never really felt like this was the biggest mistake of my life (and why would I now? I have Kellie) BUT it wasn't for him I wouldn't be sitting here writing about how I managed to survive teen pregnancy and everything else we have been through together. I would have given up a long time ago. Kellie would be someone else’s child, someone else’s sister and someone else’s granddaughter. She wouldn't be mine, and she wouldn't be here.

Even in his lowest days, when he lost his only son and his little brother he was there for everyone else. He wanted to know how they were coping and if there was anything he could do for them. That’s the kind of person he is. He is the rock of our family. Happy Birthday, Dad!

I have the greatest dad in the world. Just in case you didn't already know.

0 comments:

There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥


The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein

Lilypie First Birthday tickers