Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgements.

Friday, 14 November 2008

A remembrance day to forget


Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? -- A. A. Milne

Because I have been so focused on these test results I completely forgot that Tuesday was mine and Andrew's anniversary. I never even looked at the date it was just "Tuesday." Andrew asked me on Monday if I wanted to go out for dinner tomorrow night and I said if the results are good, if not I probably won't feel like it. We get up on Tuesday morning and he doesn't say a word about it. I don't either, obviously.. because I've forgotten. Everything is just like it is every other morning. I get to work later on and one of the ladies is going on about how someone must love me and I'm thinking WTH is she talking about? Then I see there are flowers there for me. I thought it was so sweet of Andrew to do that, thinking of my appointment and all... STILL DON'T CLICK (I know, am I slow or what?). There is a guy at work wearing a poppy flower on his shirt (for Armistace/Remembrance Day - 11/11) and I STILL don't get the date. Then I'm filling out this fax and I have to put the date on it, I have a quick look at the calendar... Oh, shit... Dinner, flowers... finally it all makes sense. I feel like such an idiot because I NEVER forget birthdays, anniversarys or anything like that. Then I feel even more guilty because I've also forgotten that it's Sean's anniversary. Bad wife, bad sister!

Now, I'm sneaky so I'm trying to think whether or not I should play it cool or just admit that I totally forgot ;) Just then Andrew calls me and he says "you forgot didn't you?" and I (because I am a useless liar, even over the phone) admitted that I had. So on the way home after my appointment (stinkin' cancer gene) I stop at a book shop and pick out a really pretty anniversary card with a nice verse on the front. I quickly write in it and give it to Andrew when I get in the door... He opens it and it looks something like this....

On our anniversary
For my beautiful wife


OPPS! At this point Andrew is pissing himself laughing because the day had been pretty much a complete disaster. We decided we should just celebrate the next day, so that we did :)


I did plenty of dumb things in the last week, I should really try and do a blog on it all cause it's a bit unbelievable and probably quite amusing. I think just about every day last week I left my brain in bed. TGIF!

To my precious brother, sorry I forgot your anniversary. Can you believe it's been 8 years? It still feels like yesterday. I love you to the moon and back and I will miss you forever ♥

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. - A. A. Milne

P.S - To those of you who commented on my previous blog, THANK YOU! I really appreciate all the support and I will keep you updated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The woman forgets the anniversary... now that's new! LOL No, it's understandable, when you're under stress. I actually had to call my mother and ask her how old DH would be on his birthday because for the life of me I could NOT remember his birth year! lol

Nicole said...

Well Happy Anniversary! That cracked me up about the card you picked out being for the wife. At least Andrew thought it was funny too. I think men are nicer than women about that stuff. I know I would be pissed if my husband forgot our anniversary :).

Tiffany :) said...

Happy Anniversary! Your story had me cracking up! Poor Andrew - at least he was a good sport about it all!

I am very sorry to hear you have that gene. That's an extremely hard thing to deal with and my thoughts are with you as you learn to cope with this new thing...

There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥


The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein

Lilypie First Birthday tickers