Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgements.

Sunday, 9 November 2008

Gday Australia

... or not! National won so I won't be crossing the ditch permanantly any time soon, thank goodness! No offence Tash, I am just a bit of a wuss when it comes to big hairy spiders and deadly snakes ;)

For the comments in my other blog, I guess it does look like we have a lot of parties but it's kind of the same as the US in that it's basically National vs. Labour.. one of those 2 is pretty much always going to end up as the prime minister (which is kind of why I said some of those other parties are a waste of a vote)


For those that are interested this is what it looks like now...



RESULT: National won a convincing victory in the election with 45 per cent of the vote and 59 of the seats. With the support of Act (5 seats) and United future (1 seat) it can form a coalition of 65 seats - comfortably above the 61 needed for a majority in Parliament.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you were going for National right? So yay! At least somewhere made a good pick right? Can't say much for where I live lol.

mumof2boys said...

You know you'd love to have some spiders and all. Hey they arent that common here

There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥


The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein

Lilypie First Birthday tickers