…for once!
Remember all the job stuff I went through back in June/July/August? Well 7 weeks ago work decided to change my job role, without consulting me. Unfortunately the contracts are really vague so they had covered their ass in that respect but I made no secret of the fact that I was not a happy chappy. The GM broke the news to three of us chosen ones on a Wednesday then went on holiday till the following Wednesday, how effing convenient. That Thursday morning I had a meeting with my (stand in) manager (my manager was off in Rarotonga getting married) to tell her that I was really effed off at the way the whole thing was handled, one of the many things being that I was told this was basically the only option for me otherwise if there were to be more redundancies my butt would be on the line. Mmm ok, thanks for telling me this now, after I’ve spent EIGHT weeks waiting to find out if I even have this stupid job. At the end of the meeting she asked me “anything else?” and I said “No, I think that’s all for now.” Her response; “Oh thank god. I thought this was going to be an I’m leaving meeting” and that’s when I told her that I was so furious about the whole thing that I went home and applied for several jobs.
So you’d think after that meeting, the several I had with my manager over the last 6 weeks, and the fact that my manager was actually one of my references, my resignation would be no shock to them.. but I got called into a meeting on Monday by the GM and told how disappointed she is and how it just shows her that I have no loyalty to the company, the clients and my friends there.
Hello Einstein, happy people don’t go looking for new jobs. You changed my job. The pay is crap. You’re a fucking useless GM. Oh, and this job is 15 minutes from my house - I can drive there! No more drive/bus/train for one hour in the morning and one hour at night. This job comes with a car park and it pays $5k more than you do. Hmm, now what would you do?
She even had the nerve to send me an email to say that my new office is “tiny” (who gives a crap) and that she “really hopes it works out for me, if not maybe you’ll come back” Umm, I don’t think so!
Remember all the job stuff I went through back in June/July/August? Well 7 weeks ago work decided to change my job role, without consulting me. Unfortunately the contracts are really vague so they had covered their ass in that respect but I made no secret of the fact that I was not a happy chappy. The GM broke the news to three of us chosen ones on a Wednesday then went on holiday till the following Wednesday, how effing convenient. That Thursday morning I had a meeting with my (stand in) manager (my manager was off in Rarotonga getting married) to tell her that I was really effed off at the way the whole thing was handled, one of the many things being that I was told this was basically the only option for me otherwise if there were to be more redundancies my butt would be on the line. Mmm ok, thanks for telling me this now, after I’ve spent EIGHT weeks waiting to find out if I even have this stupid job. At the end of the meeting she asked me “anything else?” and I said “No, I think that’s all for now.” Her response; “Oh thank god. I thought this was going to be an I’m leaving meeting” and that’s when I told her that I was so furious about the whole thing that I went home and applied for several jobs.
So you’d think after that meeting, the several I had with my manager over the last 6 weeks, and the fact that my manager was actually one of my references, my resignation would be no shock to them.. but I got called into a meeting on Monday by the GM and told how disappointed she is and how it just shows her that I have no loyalty to the company, the clients and my friends there.
Hello Einstein, happy people don’t go looking for new jobs. You changed my job. The pay is crap. You’re a fucking useless GM. Oh, and this job is 15 minutes from my house - I can drive there! No more drive/bus/train for one hour in the morning and one hour at night. This job comes with a car park and it pays $5k more than you do. Hmm, now what would you do?
She even had the nerve to send me an email to say that my new office is “tiny” (who gives a crap) and that she “really hopes it works out for me, if not maybe you’ll come back” Umm, I don’t think so!
75. Find a new job


0 comments:
Post a Comment