Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgements.

Friday, 31 July 2009

You are what your mother eats

or so they say..

Andrew emailed me this today, a study showing that mums who ate breakfast cereal every day were more likely to have a boy.. He found it pretty amusing, because I hate cereal and it really bugs him that I don't eat breakfast. Now he thinks that he can force me to eat it everyday when we try for #3 (not that we'd prefer to have a boy, that's just his type of humour).

So, I did a little research myself and replied back to him with an email titled "If I have to suffer, you do too.." and attached this:

Female sperm are hardier than male sperm and if the male drinks or smokes
at the time of conception - he could be eliminating more male sperm than female sperm. So if you want to conceive a baby boy - have your man lay off the Coors and Marlboro Reds.

Haha.

On another note, I bought 4 Jodi Picoult books off Trade Me for $42! I have read one of them already but I'm excited about the other 3, just not sure which one to read first..
- Songs of the Humpback Whale
- Plain Truth
- Salem Falls

Suggestions, anyone?

3 comments:

mumof2boys said...

I eat breakfast everyday and have two boys...just saying :)

I also have those three books but haven't read any of them :) Let me know what one you go with.

Anonymous said...

I don't eat breakfast and have THREE boys lol! Sperms all about HIM anyway, tell him to swim in a cold pool everyday then DTD...

BTW, welcome back! I haven't logged in a while so I didn't see you were back on!

Nicole said...

Plain Truth and Salem Falls are both really good! I have been trying to read Songs of the Humpback Whale for over a year now, but I keep picking up other books. I think maybe I am not that into it because it was her very first book so I feel like it won't be very good.

There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥


The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein

Lilypie First Birthday tickers