Remember this blog I posted 6 weeks ago?
They told us this "news" on June 23 and we have to wait until July 31Well guess what, we are STILL effing waiting.
just to know if we will even have a job.
Last Wednesday my boss found out she wasn't successful in getting an equivalent role so she had the opportunity to apply for a lower job. Yesterday we found out she is leaving the company and today it was announced her last day is Friday.
Anyway, the thing that REALLY annoyed me today was the fact that they have scheduled a "meet and greet" for the 2 companies to get to know each other on August 11... This is my anniversary day so I have the day off but when I asked if I could change my day to Monday/Wednesday/another day they flat out refused. The new office is going to take me an hour to get there AND home EVERY single day (compared to the 20-25 mins it takes now) and they expect me to sit in rush hour traffic to come in on my one-and-only-precious-as-gold-day-off to go to this meeting because "I don't have a good enough reason" to change the day.. Not to mention, where the eff am I going to park, and do they expect me to pay for this out of my own money? Of course they do, don't be so ridiculous.
I have now been blackmailed into going because "everyone else had said yes and it'll be really sad if I'm the only one who doesn't go" SO I have said yes BUT I am seriously considering faking a migraine/food poisoning/twisted ankle so I can get out of it, but then I don't really want to lose my job over someone else because work is so fucking unreasonable and I didn't go to some shitty meeting?
Thanks for your flexibility work.. Not.
Fuckers.
Excuse all the swearing, but, to borrow what another colleague recently said.. I have just gone past caring on my way to I really don't give a fuck anymore.
What do you guys think.. should I go? or not?
P.S - Tuesday night is mine and Andrew's "no-kids" evening.. We go to a quiz night which starts at 7:30 and this lame team-bonding thing doesn't finish til 7 so I probably wouldn't be able to go.
P.P.S - We won't know before Tuesday if we even have a job.. what if I go to all this effort and then they go and make me redundant anyway? I will be MEGA pissed.
So, what should I do?


2 comments:
That sucks Jenna. Any news yet?
I could't believe the ending. Have you read that one?
Isn't it time for a blog update?
Post a Comment