Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgements.

Wednesday, 19 August 2009

I'm back, and I still have a job... woohoo! We finally found out on Monday at 4:30pm. It has been such an emotional 8 weeks that I wasn't even happy when I found out. I guess relieved is a better word but none-the-less me keeping my job came at the expense of someone else losing theirs, so it's been tough. I came home, had 1 1/2 glasses of champagne and was pretty much toasted from that, I think the whole thing has been so draining and I am REALLY glad it's over.. time to move on!

New 101 Updates

7. Read all of Jodi Picoult’s books (12/16)
Finished Songs of the Humpback Whale.
Definitely not one of my favourite JP books, but I didn't expect it to be since it was her first novel. I think I spent the first dozen chapters a bit lost as to what was going on and who was who, it seemed to go backwards in date order for the first half of the book and then it went cronologically again, confusing for someone like me who sometimes doesn't pay much attention when they're reading! But it was a pretty good read.. Plain Truth is next on my list.

14. Watch 50 new movies (6/50)

  • Pretty Woman.. YES, I had never seen Pretty Woman prior to a couple of weeks ago, shameful I know but I loved it. Actually, I think I just love Julia Roberts.
  • Public Enemies.. Blah, Andrew's choice.
  • The Propsal.. Ryan Reynolds naked.. Yum!

17. Identify 100 things that make me happy (14/100)
11. Ridiculously high heels
12. Friday lunches
13. Cake
14. Finding out, after 8 weeks, that I do have a job!

0 comments:

There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥


The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein

Lilypie First Birthday tickers