Yesterday was a rather crappy day. I have been getting up at 5:30am this week to make it to work in time for my 7:30am shift, and even then I haven't been leaving at 4pm like I should because I've had so much work to do. Thanks to the awesome public transport and traffic in this city I've been getting home around 6:20pm every night. Talk about a shock to the system!
Yesterday afternoon we had the usual Friday drink (or two) around 4:30pm and at 5.00 on the dot Aimee and I raced.. well, raced as fast as you can with that warm tingly wine feeling in your chest and 3 inch high heels, to get the bus at 5:10pm. We made it... just and then about 10 minutes later the bus starts making this high pitched squealing noise. We keep driving for a few hundred metres, stop to pick up some more passengers and the bus driver says "sorry, I'm going to have to turn the engine off for a couple of minutes to let the engine cool down" Awesome, especially on a Friday.
A few minutes later we start moving again, everything seems to be going well when just as we passed our old work.. oh how we miss you, convenient old work.. and just as we are about to get on the motorway this noise comes on again. All of 30 seconds earlier and we could've jumped off and got a bus from the old spot, but no, that would be too convenient. We carry on driving along the motorway, albeit at about 60kph and all these cars are driving past us tooting their horns. The bus driver pulls over and stops. And we sit, and we wait. She radios for help and tells us another bus will be here in about 45 minutes. Ugh. Can anyone else stop and pick us up? This woman didn't even try and find a solution. She didn't radio to see if one of the 48,000 buses going past could stop and get us. After waiting 35 minutes, and after losing a couple of passengers who decided they would rather get out and walk and risk a $200 fine someone else asked her if we could at least drive on to the next stop just off the motorway so we could get another bus. She mentioned something about the bus catching fire but someone yelled out we could deal with that. I finally made it home at 7:05pm. Fun times.
After all this I came home and Danielle came over for a drink. We've been talking lately about how we want to have a girly weekend shopping over in Aus and we decided we'd plan it last night. Andrew and the girl's were out grocery shopping and when they came home I decided it was my chance to get him at a weak moment.
Me: Darling
Him: What do you want?
Haha, he knows me so well.
Me: Danielle and I were thinking we should go on a girly trip, you know, no kids and no husbands, to Melbourne in January.
Him: Can you afford this?
Me: No that's why I'm talking to you
Him: Oh ok, sure.
I AM SO EXCITED!
This morning the girls were eating breakfast and I decided to tell them about my trip. I started off by saying that I had something exciting to tell them, but it was about me and not them (didn't want to get their hopes up!) and then I told them how Danielle and I were going to Australia to go shopping.. this is the conversation that followed.
Kellie: Oh, phew, I thought you were going to tell us you're pregnant.
Me: Phew? I thought you would be happy if I was pregnant. Don't you want a brother or sister?
Kellie: Well yeah, it's just that Rachel's little brother is so annoying, he just cries and cries and screams and then poops and sleeps. I don't want an annoying baby. Maybe just have another one like Elysium cause she's ok most of the time.
LMAO. I guess Elysium should take that as a compliment, sort of?


1 comments:
That is so cute. How sweet of her to want another sister like E.
Yay for girls shopping. Hope you have a fantastic time, Jan will be here before we know it.
Post a Comment