Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgements.

Sunday, 8 March 2009

Nightmare on Elysium Street

I don't know about the Terrible Twos but recently Elysium has been a nightmare. Not that I can really blame her, none of us have been particularly joyous lately but I kind of wish this difficult stage would happen another time, like never.

Dear Elysium

I know that you tried to feed your carrots to the cat. She doesn't like vegetables so consider yourself busted.

I know that doing homework isn't fun but no child of mine is going to go through life using the wrong form of their/there/they're so sending your book flying across the living room is not going to achieve anything

Please remember where you put your stuff this week. I don't want to go through another 5 mornings of MUUUUUUUUUUUUUM I can't find my shoes/school bag/homework.

Chocolate is not a food group and no, you cannot have it for dinner.

No matter who you ask, you'll discover that turning all the lights on at 5am on a Sunday morning is not that amusing.

Sincerly,
Your loving mother (who is losing her patience)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she's related to Joe! He seems to think chocolate is a food group, he knows more than his teacher (well he might), and that every light in the house MUST be on to function lol. Hopefully next week is better!

mumof2boys said...

Oh gosh..so it gets even worse then when they are 2.5 and never listen???

Nicole said...

I loved the twos!! I think it's threes on up that are hard (so far). Especially little girls, they all seem to be so sassy! Hope you can keep your patience, I know how hard that is!

There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥


The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein

Lilypie First Birthday tickers