I am on a detox.
Yes. There's no need to re-read that, you saw it right the first time.
A colleague, and good friend of mine decided that since she was doing it she needed some support at work and that I should do it too. In a weak moment and possibly due to the fact that I decided to weigh myself the day before (and was totally disgusted with the number that came back at me) I agreed.
Today is day 4. After today I am more than half way done. THANK god!
Here is a little snap shot of my life the past 3 days...
Wednesday (aka D-Day)
Take 7 (enormous) pills
Snack on carrot sticks until lunch time
Take another 7 pills
Lunch: 1 nashi pear, 1 nectarine, grapes (already sick of carrots)
Hello afternoon headache. Wonderful!
Take 7 more pills
Cook a delicious dinner, none of which I can eat so instead I have: a corn on cob and half an apple
Ready to go to bed by 9:15pm instead I lay on the couch and watch Getaway
Really want a cup of coffee
Have a cup of hot water instead
Thursday (it gets worse)
Wake up with headache
Take 7 pills
Breakfast: banana (you are supposed to avoid bananas but oh well)
Have a nectarine and half a nashi pear at work
Feel like I am going to pass out
Really want to go home to sleep
Take pills
Lunch: 1 carrot (really sick of carrots now), another 1/4 of my pear and 1 panadol
I heart you panadol. Feeling way better!
Headache comes back :(
Make pumpkin soup for dinner
Eat half of it then realise I haven't had my pills. Oops.
Take pills. Eat more soup. Delicious!
Still have a headache
Friday
No headache, hooray!
Take pills
Have a banana for brekkie
More pills
Pumpkin soup for lunch
Resist the urge to have one of the delicious pastries at work. That was tough.
Cooked cauliflower, broccoli and carrots for dinner. Actually not as bad as I thought it would be.
Go to the rugby. Everyone is eating hot chips and pies. Bastards.
Hungry again so I have a tin of pineapple. Drink the juice. Pretty sure I'm not supposed to but I don't care, it tastes sooooo good.
and here I am at Saturday... 4 days to go! I better feel AMAZING on Wednesday... or else!
Saturday, 14 March 2009
A long, long week
Posted by Jenna at 11:07 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥
The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein


3 comments:
Wow, that sounds intense! You are a stronger person than I am, I think I would have given up after the first day. Good luck, hope you feel better.
Oh you're tougher than me, no way I'd survive. I'd break down the first day within the first few hours and eat a whole box of girl scout cookies! I'm sure glad GS season is over by the time the baby comes... otherwise weight loss would be out lol.
that's intense...way to hange in there! no way i could :)
Post a Comment