What has happened to my baby? Elysium has become rather... bossy isn't really the right word, so I guess we'll say independent. They had a new girl start school 2 weeks ago and Elysium is her buddy, a role which she has taken very seriously. Apparently this makes her a big girl and she gets to show the "newie" around and take her to the playground at lunchtime.. lol I guess this has led to her sudden desire to do EVERYTHING herself, no matter what it is. Needless to say it has been a bit of a long week with it being the school holidays and everything. I am not allowed to do/help her with anything and this has led to some frustrating moments :)
Mummy no!
I want to do it.
I CAN do it.
I'm a big girl now!
Hmmph *out comes the bottom lip* let ME try
Sniff sniff... Also, on the topic of Miss Independent, earlier this week the girl's and the kid's next door decided to practice for a concert. They listened to music for an hour or so before they decided what songs they should pick (then they got bored of this idea and decided to make grapefruit juice instead which was a complete disaster....) Meanwhile Elysium has come to love Ne Yo's Miss Independent song. She asks me to play that "dun dun dun dah dah" song all the time and she dances to it. When I ask her what she's doing she says "just workin' it" or she starts singing "I can't figure it out ooooh summin about her." Priceless, and pretty freaking cute too.
That's all for now, we are having a BBQ for dinner... Yay for Daylight Saving!! I know I've neglected my blog but I'm hoping to be able to type a long one about what's been happening this week sometime. The girl's are off on a road trip with Dad for 3 days so I will be childless from Tuesday night until Friday... although we have quiz night on Tuesday, dancing on Wednesday and a work dinner on Thursday so who knows when I'll find the time. The intention is there though!
This one's for Lys :)
Sunday, 5 October 2008
Miss Independent
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥
The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein




2 comments:
Yay finally a blog :)
It's sad when our kiddies grow up and don't need us quite as much.
I hope the girls have a great time with your dad, I'm sure they will.
I'm glad you updated, I had been checking back for awhile :). Calli is getting to be very independent too and wants to do everything herself. It's hard for two reasons: the first is that I hate to see her grow up and the second is that I want to just do it for her to make it go faster :).
Post a Comment