Definition: Poly (Latin) meaning 'many' ; Tics (Greek) meaning 'blood sucking insects'
I am well and truely OVER the elections (for those of you who are not aware, NZ is also going through this fun time at the moment. We'll be voting on 8 November) I feel like I've been hearing about the american elections all year and ours are not much better. Politicians really are a bunch of pathetic, child-like freaks who run our country. How scary. Scarier is the fact that I have to vote for one of these dishonest idiots. Speaking of voting, I am having a moral dilemma on who to vote for. I wont mention parties because 1) it won't mean much to most of you ;) and 2) I don't really want to justify why I want to vote for whoever. I would like to vote for one of the smaller parties, but then I don't want a certain big party to get in (I'm sure you can work out which it is, especially if you know my dad..) so.. do I vote for a smaller party because I want to, even though it's pretty much a waste of a vote or do I vote for the lesser of the two evil bigger parties? Hmmm...
I actually find american policitics more... I'm not sure if interesting is the right word but interesting in that weird interesting kind of way. How democrats and republicans are SO different and they seem to hate each other so much when the elections come around. There are little graphics with anti-opposite party quotes and what-not all over the place. It's kind of opposite to NZ. Here our politicans act like maniacs while the public doesn't seem to get that passionate about the whole thing.
Speaking of idiots, check this out.
Hi, my name is Jenna. I'm from New Zealand and I don't know much about American politics, Obama or McCain but even I freaking know that McCain is pro-life and Obama is all for stem-cell research... HELL-O!!! I can't believe these people are allowed to vote!!
Monday, 20 October 2008
Polytics
Posted by Jenna at 7:00 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥
The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein


1 comments:
Obama is not just for stem cell research, he literally is PRO-Abortion/infanticide. He went as far as to vote AGAINST a law that would require doctors to save babies who were born alive during late term abortions. He was one of, like two people who voted AGAINST that (even Hillary kill-the-babies Clinton voted in favor of the bill!).. basically saying he thought it was OK to leave them to die, instead of giving them medical attention to save their lives. And people want to vote for someone like that! Someone who supports infanticide! UGH! Amazes me! He really truely is a monster! And to think he will most likely win, Ick! McCain is a geezer and probably is a lot like Bush but at least the man has some morals! November... 4th for us I think, I can't wait till it's over!
Post a Comment