I am in denial was in denial about the fact that it was winter until this morning, when, after leaving my car outside thanks to my husband filling the garage with his crap, I went out to find my windscreen frozen. This was after waking up to that hideous Jai Ho song, which I hear at least three, maybe four times everyday at work. It seems the radio station has it down to a fine art and we can pretty much predict to within 20 minutes of when they'll next play it. Fabulous. After sitting in my car "washing" my windscreen in an attempt to get rid of the ice, trying to scrape it off with my credit card and then my fingers, I resigned myself to the fact I was going to have to turn off the car, unlock the front door and go and go and get a bucket of water, which I then preceeded to throw not only over the windscreen but all over the right side of my jeans.
So in honour of the miserable start to my day, I decided I should try and find some positive not so horrible things about winter. Here are my top only 10:
10. My Friday night wine (or two) in the hot tub seems so much more relaxing when it’s freezing.
9. Spending the entire day inside without feeling guilty because it’s such a beautiful sunny day outside.
8. You can come home from work and put your PJ pants on!
7. When you get a sleep in your kids let you sleep in your bed is so much cosier with all those extra winter blankets.
6. Making hot chocolate with marshmallows.
5. Sitting in front of the heater after getting drenched on the way home from work.
4. Laying in bed and listening to the pouring rain.
3. Bringing out all the blankets and making a mini-movie theatre to spend the night watching movies with the kids.
2. No worrying about how bad you look in a bikini! Plus winter clothes are always more flattering.
And the best thing about winter…
It only lasts for about 3 months.
Saturday, 23 May 2009
Winter Blues
Posted by Jenna at 12:00 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥
The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein


1 comments:
There are some good things about winter! The hot tub sounds fab, DH wants to get one so we can sit in it when there's a foot of snow on the ground lol!
Induction... ugh, I don't know, I'm going to ask her today.I mean 42 weeks and 1 day is getting insane! It's becoming obvious my body really just doesn't know what to do! I think she'll probably strip membranes today and give me a list of natural things to induce labor, cause I'm gonna lose my MIND if I have to go another week! AHHHHHHH!!! lol
Post a Comment