Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgements.

Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Three little words

Least. Favourite. Age.. or maybe "ain't gonna happen."

Boy has Kellie turned into Little Miss Attitude lately! I am so loving this age *sarcasm* I'm not sure where it's come from but it is really, really frustrating. Most of the conversations we've had lately have been her trying to bribe me, but she's worked out that this doesn't really gel too well with me and her new form of communication is a little three word saying, one that she got from me. Yes, she has started using my line on me! Just fabulous.

We have gone from this....

J: Kellie can you go and brush your teeth
K: If I can stay up late
J: Ain't gonna happen

and this...

J: Kellie can you tidy your room please
K: If I can have icecream for dinner
J: Ain't gonna happen

or this...

J: Kel, eat the rest of your vegetables please

K: If I can have the day off school tomorrow
J: Are you sick? No. Not gonna happen

to conversations like this...

J: Kellie can you *insert one of the numerous requested here*
K: Ain't gonna happen

sometimes I don't even get that far...

J: Kel can yo---
K: Ain't gonna happen

Brat!

I have tried to talk to her about this shit hot attitude she has going on but she isn't having a bar of it. She's eight for god sake! This is totally ridiculous. This is not supposed to happen at 8, right? I thought I was safe from this kind of behaviour until we at least hit double digits. Bitchy 8 year olds? Oh the joys. I am so not prepared for this. Everytime she has one of her little diva moments I remind her that this is my least favourite age. Least. Favourite. Age. Kellie. When can I have my daughter back?

Yesterday, during one of our throughly enjoyable conversations she even mumbled a little "what-ever" at me! Give me strength..

Is it too late to call my midwife and ask if she'll take her back?

You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. - Franklin P. Jones

2 comments:

Tiffany :) said...

Yikes. My cousin's daughter is precisely that way. They seem to be starting younger and younger every year. Good luck and keep that patience :)

Oh & that is always why I respond with a resounding NO when people ask (which is always) if we're gonna try for a girl now.

Anonymous said...

LMAO I'm cracking up!!! It's gotta be the age, the drama starts YOUNG now. Joe is the same way, I ask him to do something and his reply is always, "For a $1 more I will" (on his weekly allowance). I'm like NOOOO you don't get paid for cleaning up after your filthy self! Then he just refuses to do it, I end up fighting him for an hour, finally he gets it done - of course pouring out tears because life is so unfair and he has to do EVERYTHING and never gets to play or rest.... yeah, that 10 minute job a day kills all his playtime. I'm really ready to strangle him at this point! =) Yay for motherhood!
And yeah, when she said sex I know my look was "as if" lol. *vomit*

There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥


The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein

Lilypie First Birthday tickers