Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgements.

Monday, 18 May 2009

Green eggs, no ham

Argh, our entire kitchen, lounge and dining room stink off rotten eggs! Last night Andrew boiled some eggs for a salad and apparently one of them fell apart so he threw it out. I came home and wondered what the smell was but he just said it was eggs he had boiled. Then tonight when I went into the cupboard to get a mug I noticed something smelt, I was sniffing around and Andrew comes up and says “yeah, something in there stinks, I think it’s the eggs” Typical man didn’t actually do anything about it! but instead grabs the egg basket and shoves it under my nose. It’s definitely the eggs so I take them over to the in-sinkerator (is that even what you call them? Everyone has different names for them) and start smashing them. 1, 2, 3... all fine. #4 is green and STINKS. I instantly gag and feel the vomit lapping at the back of my throat. Eggs 5, 6 and 7 are all fine too but by now the smell is over-powering and the whole room reeks of rotten eggs. I put 3 lemons down the insinkerator and you can still smell it so I open all of the doors and windows. That doesn’t work either so I just ended up spraying half a can of toilet spray throughout our kitchen and lounge. Now I am hiding in my room until the smell (hopefully) disappears.

Moral of the story: If you think you have a rotten egg, do not smash it in your sink. Take it outside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwwwwww!!!!! Eggs are horrible for that! Eggs just stink. They stink when they're cooked, uncooked, and the worst is when they rot! Yuck! Goodluck w/ your egg smell.

Tiffany :) said...

I'm sorry, I truly feel for you, but it sooo made me laugh!

We call them "garbage disposals" in the States...FYI :)

There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥


The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein

Lilypie First Birthday tickers