Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgements.

Sunday, 14 June 2009

I'm back, barely in one piece but I'm back! I think my computer is all fixed now... *touch wood* Just in time for my first blog anniversary..

In honour of this and because I have been super bored lately thanks to the fact I a) had the chicken pox and b) tore the ligament in my ankle I spent a miserable 2 weeks at home, itchy and on crutches with no access to the web world, I have made a new 101 in 1001 days list. I had one a while back but who knows where it is now, so I started again from scratch. I guess it's really just an attempt at having more interesting things to blog about (and honestly, what else do you do when you can't walk and you have a contagious illness?) so we'll see how that works out..

In case you're wondering how I managed to go 24 years without getting the chicken pox somehow, this was the second time I've had them. I had them when I was about 8 and I am one of those lucky (or retarded) people that gets them more than once. Thankfully they weren't too bad this time around but since I wasn't allowed to work I took it upon myself as the perfect opportunity to get back into some kind of exercise regime.. and I then proceeded to tear the ligament in my right ankle. I'm now on crutches and it's slowing getting better but is pretty swollen and gross looking from all the blood running down to my toes creating massive bruising. I guess that'll teach me for exercising! Then, just when it was starting to get better Danielle and I had a few too many champagnes at Sophie's half-birthday party (really just any excuse for a party since the half-birthday girl slept the entire time, but that's not the point) I rolled my ankle again. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.. ugh!

Anyways, here is my 101 list.. Let the challenge begin!

Start date: June 14th, 2009.
Finish date: March 11th, 2012.

The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Completed
In Progress

Get Crafty
1. Knit something (a scarf maybe)
2. Make curtains for the guest room
3. Catch up on scrapbooking
4. Learn to crochet...
5. ... and make a baby blanket
6. Paint the computer desk (or buy a new one)

Get Cultured
7. Read all of Jodi Picoult’s books (10/16)
8. Watch all of the LOTR movies (0/3)
9. Read at least one Harry Potter book
10. Go to a concert
11. Visit a winery
12. Research our family tree
13. Learn about something Andrew likes
14. Watch 50 new movies (0/50)
15. Watch 10 documentaries (0/10)


Get Deep
16. Blog about someone I love
17. Identify 100 things that make me happy (0/100)
18. Identify 25 things I like about myself (0/25)
19. Reach change the way you see everything
2o. Blog about my childhood


Get Domesticated
21. Bake at least 10 different things (0/10)
22. Make bread
23. Take a cake decorating class
24. Learn to make Dad’s lemon meringue pie
25. Take a Thai cooking class
26. Take lunch to work everyday for two weeks (0/10)
27. Try 30 new recipes (0/30)
28. Make a Christmas cake
29. Plant at least 10 kinds of vegetables in the vege garden
30. Buy a pot plant and don't kill it
31. Cook 30 meals when I'd rather go out/get takeout (0/30)

Get Geeky
32. Re-learn 2 French phrases per week
33. Turn off the computer for a weekend
34. Assemble an emergency kit
35. Blog at least once a week for 3 months
36. Learn to locate all the countries in Europe
37. Play a round of golf with Andrew
38. Blog my food diary for an entire month
39. Reach 200 posts on my blog

Get Green
40. Attend at least one Farmer's Market a year (0/3)
41. Watch the sunrise and sunset
42. Use reusable shopping bags when grocery shopping

Get Healthy
43. Coach one of the girl's hockey teams for a season

44. Try the lemon detox diet
45. Start going to dance classes again
46. Lose 6kg (0/6)
47. Drink 8 glasses of water daily for 3 weeks (0/21)
48. Make an exercise plan and stick to it
49. Get a facial
50. Each breakfast at least 3 times a week for 2 months (0/24)
51. Go to the dentist
52. Do a fun run
53. Get my eyes checked

Get Organised

54. Paint Kellie's room
55. Paint Elysium's room
56. Make my bed every day for one week (0/7)
57. Clean out attic
58. Organise jewellery and add anything to insurance that needs to be added
59. Have a garage sale
60. Organize bathroom cabinets (after finding something in there that expired in August 2003...)
61. Finish changing my name on everything
62. Finish decorating bedroom

Get Philanthropic

63. Complete 10 random acts of kindness (0/10)
64. Buy a Christmas gift for a needy child
65. Donate the girls old toys to charity
66. Volunteer for the SPCA
67. Donate to 10 different charities (0/10)
68. Donate $5 for each item not completed
69. Give blood at least 3 times (0/3)
70. Purge and donate old clothes from closets

Get Random
71. Spend all day in bed when I'm not sick
72. Build a snowman
73. Go skinny dipping in the day time


Get Rich
74. Create a financial plan with the hubby
75. Find a new job
76. Save each month - even if it's only $20 (0/32)
77. Create a savings jar and put any $5 notes I receive in it
78. Put $5 in savings for each completed task and $10 for every uncompleted one (0/101)

Get Social
79. Take Kellie out by herself once a month (0/32)
80. Take Elysium out by herself once a month (0/32)
81. Send at least 10 Christmas cards with a personalised note in each
82. Organise a street BBQ
83. Contact an old friend
84. Have a girl's weekend retreat
85. Be a "Yes Woman" for 2 weeks
86. Have a girl's night once a month (0/32)
87. Plan a surprise birthday party
88. Get three other people to create goal lists(0/3)

Get Somewhere
89. Take a vacation
90. Go to the South Island
91. Visit 5 new towns in New Zealand
92. Take a spur of the moment road trip
93. Go to a rugby game with dad
94. Ride in a hot air balloon
95. Go skiing for the first time
96. Have a dinner date with my husband once a month (3/32)
97. Organise something special for our anniversary (since I forgot last year)
98. Take my sisters to the zoo

Get Stuff
99. Get pregnant
100. Get a tattoo
101. Get a new 101 list


1 comments:

mumof2boys said...

Good work. I think its a great way of getting things done, and I really should do one myself.

I like the idea of you blogging more, so don't fail on that one (I think it was number 35??)

There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥


The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein

Lilypie First Birthday tickers