Sickness
I'm not sure if many of you know, because you probably have your own swine flu in your own countries but a group of school kids here in NZ travelled to Mexico for 3 weeks and now some of them have tested positive for the swine fly.
My sister is one of them.
How incredibly ridiculous does that even sound? But she’s in lockdown now until she is feeling 100% and can come out of isolation. We were going to go and visit her on Sunday to hear about the trip, lucky we didn’t! I do feel for her though, she has never been one to stay at home for more than an hour or so and now she’s a prisoner in her own house, according to her text she is "o-v-e-r it!" LOL. Fingers crossed she can be “released” soon and thank goodness we live in New Zealand where we are fortunate enough not to have been too affected by this outbreak! *touch wood*
& death.
I don’t even want to talk about this, but for some reason at the same time I do. I guess I am just trying to work through all the crap that is going through my head at the moment.
For anyone that knows me, even if it’s hardly from a bar of soap, you’ll probably know 3 things about me, one of them being that I am pro-life. I had Kellie at 15. Looking back that seems so SO young but I’ve realised that age is just a number, and if I can do it, then anyone can. For this very reason it rips my heart out to have had to spend the last 3 ½ weeks knowing that a good friend of mine is pregnant and that at some point she was going to have an abortion.
And guess how she broke the news to me? At a lingerie party.
Her: There’s no way I’d be able to fit that
Me: Don’t be so stupid
Her: Look at my boobs, they’re massive. You know why, right?
Me: (Naïve) No, why?
Her: Cause I’m pregnant
*Insert stunned look*
Her: Don’t worry, I’m not keeping it.
WTH do you say to that? Congratulations, let’s have some champagne!
I just feel so lost. It’s like somehow I have lost my right to say I’m pro-life because I feel like I supported this. Not that I did, but I didn’t really say anything. I wanted to say...
- For god sake you’re 24 how did you let this happen?
- Don’t you know that your baby has a heartbeat?
- There are thousands of couples out there who would love your baby.
- I was 15 when I had Kellie and she is THE best thing that has ever happened to me.
- Abortion isn’t that easy.
- You’re going to regret this. Maybe not now, maybe not in 6 months but one day, you will.
- My sister had an abortion and then starting cutting herself because it fucked her up so much.
But I didn’t. I didn’t say one of those things because I already felt defeated.
I even text her on Monday morning wishing her good luck and to let her know I was thinking of her.
Good luck. For a freaking abortion.
Does that make me a very good friend, or a very bad pro-lifer?
& more death
I’m not sure if any of you read my Best Things in Life blog (it was really long winded and depressing so I don’t blame you for skipping over it if you didn’t) but today I went to a funeral. On Tuesday my friend text me saying that her mum passed away so I called her to see if she was alright and she said that she drowned, kind of weird because it’s the end of April and definitely not swimming weather. I didn’t ask anymore because she sounded so down and she is normally such a bubbly person. Anyway, today at the funeral the.. whatever you call those people that speak… funeral director? was talking and he said something like “it’s so sad when people get to this point in their lives and they feel like they need to take things into their own hands. Loved ones are left with so many unanswered questions, wondering if they could’ve done more or should’ve know..." At this point Danielle and I look at each other with this “oh-mi-freaking-god she killed herself” look.
I can’t believe it. This is the THIRD person I know to commit suicide this month. The world is such a sad, sad, fucked up place.
On a happier note, it is only 4 hours til horrible April is over and 10 days until my birthday! :)


2 comments:
I heard about the school kids that were effected by swine flu. How scary. I hope she gets out of her prisoner life soon, I'm a home body, and even I don't think I could cope being home all the time.
My best friend had an abortion. She still, two years later thinks it is the worst thing she has done. I saw what she went through in the days/weeks after. I can't believe some people think it's so easy.
Hurry up and show two strong lines already!
It makes you a very good friend. *I* do not qualify as a very good friend because I couldn't do it. I probably wouldn't have responded either but I think I would have cut off contact kwim? I can't bring myself to communicate with people who don't share my opinions. And if I DO try to, it ends badly lol. I completely look at it the way you do - if I can do it so can they! I had Joe a month after I turned 16 and managed just fine! So if I can do it, yeah, so can they!
The swine flu is spreading here quickly. Sorry your sister is in lockdown that sucks! At least it's curable (not as if that makes it any better) and honestly if we/the boys got it we'd probably be fine but the baby is my biggest fear, he wouldn't do so well. I'm so glad school is almost out. But we had talked about putting the kids in summer programs and now we're like... maybe not! Jayden is soo ready for preschool next year and I'm hesitant to do that too. I should probably just get over my fear of illnesses... if it's not this it's something else. OK enough ramble.
Maybe you should get some blood drawn to be sure... I'd be losing my f'ing mind if I was testing neg w/ no period!!
Post a Comment