Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgements.

Thursday, 18 December 2008

SURPRISE

NOT!

Every freakin year Andrew's mother turns up around Christmas without telling a soul that she's coming. This is probably because she knows we hate her and would run a mile if we knew the approximate date so instead she turns up unannounced. Today she called Andrew when she thought I would be at work and I hear him saying "No, she's home.... What did you say?.... You're where?.... At the end of our street? ... Why didn't you say anything?" At this point I am staring at him like a hungry pit bull and he is looking rather uncomfortable then verbal diarrhea.. it all comes out.. "okiknowyou'renotgoingtobeveryhappyaboutthisbutmymotherisattheendofourstreet... right now" I think he thinks I am going to bite his head off but a) what is the fucking point? When it comes to Jenna v. Brooke he "doesn't take sides" and b) I don't have the energy to argue so all I can really manage is a pathetic no-fucking-way I am not dealing with this again.

And so here I am, at Danielle's because I have neither the time nor the patience to put up with that witch. I have had to leave MY house because of her.

I am pissed off at her for thinking she has the right to come back after everything we went through last year.
I am pissed off at Andrew's brother for keeping this wonderful little secret from us.
I am also pissed off at Andrew's brother for conveniently leaving the city right at the time his mother arrives...
.... but MOSTLY, I am pissed off at my husband. For once in his life I wish he would take my fucking side in something.

Merry fucking Christmas.

At least I have a beautiful new niece (who is still nameless by the way... I think she's going to be Charlotte or Sophie. We walk around calling her Charlotte, then calling her Sophie in some kind of attempt to see which name she suits better. Can you see why Danielle and I are such great friends? We are both as indecisive as each other...)

0 comments:

There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥


The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein

Lilypie First Birthday tickers