Yesterday was an awesome day for New Zealand sport. We went from 0 to 5 medals, from nowhere on the list to 14th, pretty impressive for a nation so small some people have no clue where we are and we beat those South Africans in the rugby. Nothing better than beating the South Africans in SA (apart from beating the Aussies of course!)
I stayed up until 2:30am watching the shot put and there was never any serious doubt our golden girl Valerie wouldn't win it, the rest of the field looked useless in comparison :) I am so proud to be a New Zealander. We may not be the biggest country, we may not be the best and we may not win the most medals but I think NZ is fricken amazing. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world.
Watching the Olympics always makes me wish that I was good at a sport and that I could've gone to the Olympics (hey, a girl can dream!) If I could get my kids to do any sport it would be rowing since it's what we're best at in the Olympics.. Fortunately I'm not one of those mums so I'll just cross my fingers that they take it up one day and follow in the Evers-Swindell's footsteps, but either way Kel and Lysie are golden girls to me :)
Right, I'm off to watch the men's relay. Fingers crossed NZ does amazing and we get another medal!!






Sunday, 17 August 2008
Golden girls
Posted by Jenna at 2:40 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥
The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein


2 comments:
New Zealand is on our list of places we want to visit. So I agree it seems like a pretty cool place to be.
My best friend is in the Olympics - in Tae Kwon Do. I can't wait to see her fight.
We pretty much watch the Olympics every night, there's only a few sports I don't enjoy watching.
Congrats on NZ winning some medals! I was happy to hear that, and actually have been happy to hear about a lot of the smaller nations winning medals, the patriotism I've seen among those nations is incredible. :) Oh, and I agree, NZ is also on our list of places to visit someday, it looks absolutely beautiful.
Post a Comment