Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgements.

Sunday, 17 August 2008

Change of heart

I've just finished reading Jodi Picoult's new (well, newest) book and as always, it was awesome. I love her. I am not a big reader but she writes so well that I find it hard not to love it. This was about a death penalty case and it was kind of depressing but I like that (weird, I know.) It really made me think a lot about the death penalty and it may have even changed my mind about it. I used to support capital punishment, well, in theory anyway since NZ doesn't actually have the death penalty and I will never be put on a jury that has to decide whether someone should live or die.

Obviously I know that this is just a book, it's not real and that it's not always like that but it just proves that there are similar cases out there that are not black and white and that even a case that seems so clear cut, like the one in the book may very well not be.


So that's really all I have time to blog about. If you're looking for something to read then I recommend one of her books and in order of my fav here are the ones I've read

  1. My Sister's Keeper (of course)

  2. Nineteen Minutes

  3. Change of Heart

In no particular order because I liked them all evenly (and it's kind of hard to remember...)

  • Perfect Match

  • The Pact

  • Picture Perfect

  • Vanishing Acts

  • Salem Falls

  • Keeping Faith

I didn't really like the Tenth Circle but I guess 9/10 isn't bad ;)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I have recently discovered Jodi Picoult and can't get enough! I started out with My Sister's Keeper and so far that is still my favorite. Next I read Nineteen Minutes which I really liked too. Then I read The Tenth Circle and like you, I didn't like it. I was so disappointed! Then I kept on reading and like all the other books, but My Sister's Keeper is still my favorite. I should have started with a different book so I didn't have such high expectations for the rest! I have just bought Salem Falls and will read that soon, but am in the middle of Keeping Faith right now. I REALLY want to read Change of Heart and I'm on the hold list at the library for it. Anyway, I didn't mean to ramble, it's just nice to see other fans too. I know Tash likes her as well. Have you read Mercy? That one is pretty good too. My goal is read them all :)

Tiffany :) said...

Aww, I love Jodi Picoult! I had started with My Sister's Keeper (someone had given it to me) and then I just couldn't get enough! I've read all the same one's as you except for Salem Falls (I can never find it!). I wasn't a big fan of The Tenth Circle at all. I loved Change of Heart though, I just finished it last week! I really want to read Plain Truth as well! Anyways, I <3 her books too :) Have you read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyers?

There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥


The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein

Lilypie First Birthday tickers