Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgements.

Friday, 18 July 2008

I am not your mother

nI need to have a little b*tch about my husband. I love him dearly but he's been a bit of an insensitive ass recently. There is something else that happened a few weeks ago re: my brother and I'm not going to go into that but I'll just say I was very hurt by what a d*ckhead Andrew was about something to do with that. So if you think I was a bit of a pyscho biatch towards him after reading all of this then there's more to the story prior to his lovely text message.

In my last blog I mentioned that my great uncle had just passed away and on Monday I went down south for the funeral. Let me tell you, spending time with a 71 year old and a 93 year old is hard work! Definitely harder than a 5 and 7 year old at times :) On Tuesday my nana and grandad (he is my step-grandfather so he's younger than my nana, only in his mid 60's and therefore not quite so senile) are trying to decide what to have for dinner. They decide on pork chops and my nana asks my grandad if he's going to grill them? Yes. A few hours later and she asks what we're having for dinner. "Oh yeah, that's right. Are you going to grill them honey?" Yes. Then as we're about to start dinner.. "are you going to grill those pork chops?" Good lord. She has definitely aged since Easter!

So after a couple days of repeating myself many times and having the same conversations because they don't remember we've already discussed whatever it is we're talking about we leave EARLY (still dark.. yuck) Wednesday morning because they live over an hour from the airport, there would be traffic and we wanted to stop by the cemetery on the way. 2 hours later I get to the airport and my flight has been delayed for 1 1/2 hours. Great. We go and get a coffee and look around some shops to try and waste time. Get dropped back at the airport and it's been delayed another 2 hours. Ugh. So FINALLY my flight leaves, I get home (after paying an arm & a leg in parking), go next door to see the girls and my neighbour asks if I mind having her kids for the afternoon. I can't really say no since she's had mine for the last 2 days and since only one of the twins and her youngest is there I figure 4 kids is not nearly as scary as 5 so we all go back to our house. At this point I guess I should ring work since I haven't been in since Friday and they say there is a ton of work for me (oh yay) so I decide to go and pick it up and bring some home. (Getting 4 kids in the car is quite a challenge). We get to work and all the kids are whinging that they're hungry so I go next door to the Warehouse to pick up some bread and my neighbours little darlings decide that they want to go look at the toys and they run off. So here I am, in this huge ass store, tired, annoyed, so much to do and I've lost someone else's children.

An hour later we're home and fed and I start on work while my house sounds like a playground for the entire primary school. This leads to the mother of all headaches and then I get a text from Andrew saying "make sure dinner is ready when I get home, I'm starving" Excuse me? It's 4 o'clock in the afternoon, if you're that hungry go and get something to eat you lazy sod. Second of all I've just arrived home from the funeral of someone I was pretty close to. Not very sensitive. No "how was your flight?" "nice to have you home" "have you organised something for dinner or do you want me to pick something up?" NOTHING! Gr.. and lastly, I have not been sitting on my ass all day at your beck & call to jump when you say jump. I'm not a 1950's housewife. I'm not at home all day cleaning and baking cookies for his royal highness. I get up at 6am to make everyone's lunch. I get the girl's ready for school, we walk to school, I go to work, I come home, walk to school to get the girls, take them to hockey practice if Kellie has it, feed them, do some more work, clean the house, cook dinner. As far as I'm concerned we're on a even level with the workload why the hell am I getting sent text messages that take me back to the 1950's? (Obviously not that they had text back then, I'm talking about the context of the message)

By this time I'm so over the day, I'm tired and I want to go to bed and I'm really irritated that he had the nerve to send me a message like that so I make some dinner for the girls and I get Andrew out a bowl and fill it with cornflakes. I even poured the milk on really early so they went all soggy and disgusting. Bitchy? Yes. Did he deserve it? You bet. The worst part of all though is that he was home 25 minutes LATE! If I had've cooked him a meal I would've been FURIOUS. Instead I just told him if he wants someone to run around after him all day he should go and live with his mother.

PS. If you're one of those submissive wives who lives to please her husband and thinks that is the most important thing in life and the sole reason you were put on this earth then then don't comment and tell me what a crappy wife I am. I recently watched a programme on women like you and it made me want to vomit.

I feel a lot better now :) Here's to hoping my husband relocates his seemingly lost sensitivity gene sometime soon.

2 comments:

Tiffany :) said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! For both your family member and Andrew's sensitivity. Men can be such pigs sometimes.

Sarah said...

Jenna I am so sorry. You're right though. He did deserve. And I probably would have done the same thing! LOL!

There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥


The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein

Lilypie First Birthday tickers