Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgements.

Thursday, 1 April 2010

Twenty Six

I was going to post this in honour of Andrew's 26th birthday back in February but then he went and got himself admitted to hospital at about 7am on his birthday and we didn't get to leave until 10pm that night. Needless to say, I didn't get around to it on the day or in the 5 1/2 weeks since then evidently...
Without further ado here are 26 things you may or may not.. or may not even care to know about my husband.

1. His favourite colour is orange. His second favourite colour is red.

2. He is very handy around the house. I sometimes call him Handy Andy, which he hates. He can fix and build pretty much everything, he even made our bed :)

3. He is a really good cook now but when we first started seeing each other everything he cooked was flavoured with curry powder.

4. He loves spicy food & soup. His choice of chocolate is fruit & nut (I think partly because I hate nuts in my chocolat and this way it's all his!)

5. He loves running and does at least 8km five times a week. He also walks our neighbour's dog for them, since they can't be bothered to.

6. One of his favourite TV shows is the Simpsons.


7. He is the middle child and has two brothers.

8. He hates Bon Jovi & country music.

9. He loves ACDC & is a bogan at heart.

10. He is Irish and takes St Patrick's Day and March 18 off every year to celebrate (and recover)

11. He often eats cereal for lunch.

12. He loves dance music and would spend all night dancing at a club if he could.

13. His drink of choice is Corona but forget the lemon or lime, he hates fruit in his beer.

14. He can wiggle his ears.

15. He knew he was going to marry me the first time he met me, apparently.

16. He has seen Braveheart 46,000 times. Ditto Shawshank Redemption. They are his favourite movies.

17. He could spend hours watching Discovery and History channel.

18. He is a big girl when it comes to spiders :)

19. He secretly loves Grey's Anatomy, though he would never tell you that.

20. He collects DVDs. They take up way too much space in our house.

21. He almost drowned when he was two years old.

22. He likes the smell of petrol, and my shampoo.

23. Although he would never admit it, he loved planning our wedding and even drew a diagram with measurements so the reception venue would lay the tables out exactly how we wanted them... Geek!

24. His dream is to live on a boat.

25. He likes golf and rugby. Sometimes I feel like I am losing him to golf. I have been assured by the older generation that I will be thankful for this, someday.

26. He has a mysterious problem with his heart that no one can seem to solve. He spent his 26th birthday in hospital because he heart was beating 258 beats per minute. You could see it through his chest. It was the most terrifying thing I have ever seen. He was a freak show to all of the doctors - they couldn't believe someones heart could go that fast. They had to shock him to get it back to a normal rhythm. Apparently there is no reason for it; he just has too much electricity in his body.

There you go, now don't you feel like the third wheel in our marriage?!

2 comments:

Tash said...

Wow number 26 is scary. That is crazy fast.

Hey are you on facebook? We never chat now.

Anonymous said...

I think I know more about your husband now than I do my own LOL!
Were you able to post on my blog now? I think I fixed it... maybe not though.

There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥


The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein

Lilypie First Birthday tickers