Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgements.

Monday, 26 October 2009

Not Me Monday


An idea shamelessly stolen from Tash, but without it you probably wouldn't be getting a blog for another 3.6 years, so here is a catch up of the last 6 or so weeks....

I definitely haven't not been updating my blog just because my computer has gone to shite and I am too lazy to haul my butt downstairs and use the one that actually works.

I did not forget the Friday was a teacher’s only day, only to show up to school with two impeccably dressed children ready to learn. I am not that unorganised.

I most certainly did not miss the train not one but two mornings and I definitely did not act like I couldn't care less if I was 25 minutes late to work twice.

I absolutely did not avoid the ticket officer on the train home one day because I had no ticket and thought I shouldn’t have to pay anyway since the train was 20 minutes late.

I definitely did not screen my cellphone calls to avoid talking to the Doctor, and I would not purposely miss my miscarriage follow-up appointment.

There is no way that I almost cried with delight when I found out our scales are 3kgs different to the ones at the airport, because the ones at the airport must be accurate, right? I just lost 3kgs!

I surely did not pull a sick day on Monday and Tuesday last week just because Dad was going overseas and I didn’t have enough annual leave to take time off honestly.


I did not jokingly tell my husband he should get me pregnant so I could leave work. I really do not hate my job that much.

I did not sit in the sun for three hours on Saturday without bothering to put sunscreen on, knowing I would get burnt and I definitely did not let my children have strawberries and icecream for dinner because it symbolises everything Summer.

I certainly did not do Kellie's homework for her one night because it was easier than pushing shit uphill trying to get her to do it herself. I really did not want to go to bed that badly.

I definitely did not wake up at 10:30am yesterday. No one can pull that off with two kids.

3 comments:

mumof2boys said...

That was halarious. I think I can allow you not blogging, as long as you come on every Monday and do not me monday :)

You need to get your other computer fixed. I miss ya.

Deepa said...

Hi!
I came here because yours is the link right below mine on Mck Mama's blog. Interesting!! Isn't it freeing to admit that you aren't perfect and to know that you aren't the only one out there??
God bless!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!

There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥


The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein

Lilypie First Birthday tickers