Dad's are great but mine is also getting a bit senile (and deaf)
Case in point:
While Andrew and I were enjoying our romantic little getaway Dad was babysitting our spawn. On Monday he took my car for it's WOF (not sure what the rest of the world calls it, but here that stands for Warrant of Fitness). Isn't he efficient? Or maybe it's more the fact he was afraid how long it would take me to get around to doing it myself. Anyhoo, he took it down on Monday morning. Thursday morning we are home and I'm getting ready for work, go out to the street to unlock my car and whatdoyouknow it's already unlocked.
Friday night Dad comes around.
J: When was the last time you drove my car?
D: *Suspicious look* Monday morning when I took it down to Dale (our mechanic), why?
J: On Thursday morning when I was going to work I went to unlock my car and it was already unlocked.
D: Oh
J: So it was sitting there for 3 days unlocked, on the side of the street?
D: I'm sure I locked it
J: Well obviously! You're lucky we live in a safe area or all you'd be getting for Father's Day is a beating.
This does, however make me feel better about the blonde moments I have had his week (blog on that to follow), not to mention all the lectures I received in years gone by about forgetting to lock my car overnight when it was just parked in the driveway. Thanks Dad!
Saturday, 5 September 2009
Senior Moment
Posted by Jenna at 7:56 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There comes a point in your life when you realise who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future ♥
The word God is, for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. -- Einstein


0 comments:
Post a Comment